SR&ED ( SRED ) Finance is… Alive and Kicking!
Information on the SR&ED bridge loan in Canada. SRED Tax credit financing is a valuable way to enhance cash flow. SR&ED loans were and are available during recent program changes
The real secret of SRED loans in Canada is that they were available for your tax credit prior to the current budget, and, guess what. ? .... They remain in place today for your tax credit financing strategy!
Most Canadian business owners who utilize the SR&ED program in Canada were keenly aware that the very existence of the tax credit seemed in doubt in 2012 - That concern is long since gone!!!
Well, the dust has settled and if we had to say there was a general consensus we would have to say that in general there's a status quo around the program. Many firms who felt they would do ' better' or ' worse ' under the new changes are finding that it’s a case of ' it depends ' - so it could have been a lot worse.
Thousands of Canadian businesses received Billions of dollars every year under the program, the formal name of course being Scientific Research & Experimental Development. Hence SR&ED. Your firm’s ability to demonstrate you have improved a process or processes, or come up with new technology or software qualified you for Sred.
We’re e not ( fortunately ?) accountants , we're financiers, so we'll let you talk to your SRED consultant or advisor on the various rates changes that took place, some up, some down , under the program . We would note that the biggest change seems to be the fact that capital expenditures don't qualify under the program, but salaries and materials and portions of your overhead still qualify.
We'd love to take a poll one day on how many Canadian firms know that SR&ED Tax Credit Financing exists in Canada. We'd venture to say is clearly the majority, not the minority. So if we had to reveal that ' hushed secret ' on this major Canadian tax credit incentive it's simply ' Hey, you've got an options on your SR&ED tax credit .. You can wait for months, or much longer for you refund cheq. . OR ... you can finance your claim.
If you do have a claim that's prepared by an experienced and credible SRED consultant that claim can easily be financed. The basic rules around that are as follows - The SR ED bridge loan gives you approximately 70% of the face value of your claim. No payments are made during the loan period - at final approval and payment of your claim by Ottawa and the province you receive your remaining 30%, less financing costs, a simple application and you ability to provide the SRED tax credit as collateral is all that’s required.
So is SRED dead? It looks like it isn’t. We can hear the sigh of relief among all those SR&ED consultants who provide the majority of the writes ups on claims in Canada.
And, don’t forget. SRED tax credit financing loans are here today, they were here yesterday, and they will be here tomorrow.
Speak to a trusted, credible and experienced Canadian business financing advisor on help for SR ED bridge loans for working capital and cash flow for your Canadian firm.
7 Park Avenue Financial :
South Sheridan Executive Centre
2910 South Sheridan Way
Office = 905 829 2653
Business financing for Canadian Firms , specializing in working capital, cash flow, asset based financing , Equipment Leasing , franchise finance and Cdn. Tax Credit Finance . Founded 2004 - Completed in excess of 100 Million $ of financing for Canadian corporations .
Stan has had a successful career with some of the world’s largest and most successful corporations.
Prior to founding 7 Park Avenue Financial in 2004 his employers over the last 25 years were, ASHLAND OIL, ( 1977-1980) DIGITAL EQUIPMENT CORPORATION, ( 1980-1990) ) CABLE & WIRELESS PLC,( 1991 -1993) ) AND HEWLETT PACKARD ( 1994-2004 ) He is an expert in Canadian Business Financing.
Stan has over 40 years of business and finance executive experience. He has been recognized as a credit/financial executive for three of the largest technology companies in the world; Hewlett-Packard, Digital Equipment and Cable & Wireless. Stan has had in depth, hands on experience in assessing and evaluating thousands of companies that are seeking financing and expansion. He has been instrumental in helping many companies progress through every phase of financing, mergers & acquisitions, sales and marketing and human resources. Stan has worked with startups and public corporations and has many times established the financial wherewithal of organizations before approving millions of dollars of financing facilities and instruments on behalf of his employers.